Moving is a long, expensive, and draining process. When you move you will want to try to think of everything that will make your experience as easy as possible. Here are five things often overlooked by movers:
- Properly labeling boxes. When you move into your new place, you will need to know where boxes go so you can unpack easily. Invest in a sharpie and use it.
- Storage Costs. Sometimes moving is more than taking your possessions from point A to point B. Movers often find themselves in a situation where they have to store their belongings in a storage unit, and rent a truck to move it. This can be expensive, so factor this cost into your normal moving budget.
- Pet care. Moving with pets is more complicated, and many movers forget they have to try to move while making sure their pet is cared for and out of the way.
- It takes longer than you think. You’ll notice that moving truck companies recommend that you rent their equipment for six hours or more.
- Keep an Upbeat attitude. Moving is rarely fun, but try to remember all the reasons you’re packing everything you own and moving to a new place. And remember, Mountain Moving can help!