Moving can be horrible for the environment if not planned out properly. It is especially worse for the do-it-yourselfers who often make multiple trips, waste resources, and accumulate trash. Here are some tips to keep your move as eco-friendly as possible.
- Hire responsible movers to reduce the number of trips.
- Choose a company with newer model trucks that offer fuel efficiency and are environmentally conscious.
- Downsize – sell items in a garage sale, donate, or recycle where you can.
- Skip the bubble wrap; it is terrible for a landfill. Instead, use biodegradable packing peanuts or newspapers.
- Choose eco-friendly boxes that can easily be recycled.